How Do You Unblock Message Blocking Samsung Phone
Many users have seen the “message blocking is active” error a couple of times, and this could get tiring, especially when we need to send an urgent message. And the fact that text messaging is a very vital part of our communication every day, any issues with getting information across in a short time could be heartbreaking.
Users have seen the “message blocking is active” error immediately after sending a text, and for most users, T-Mobile has been the main carrier with this issue, but we try to make this guide easy to follow for users who may have experienced this issue on some other carriers. Let’s take a closer look at this issue and see the options we can explore.
What Causes the “Free Message: unable to send a message – message blocking is active.” Error?
After receiving numerous reports from multiple users, we decided to investigate the issue and devised a set of solutions to eradicate it. Also, we looked into the reasons due to which it was being triggered and listed them as follows.
- Service Outage: This error was mostly triggered due to a service outage on the service provider’s end. This service outage might be due to a temporary maintenance break and the message service might have been paused due to which this error is being displayed.
- Block List: The main cause of the message is due to the receiver being in the block list of the sender or vice versa. Both people must ensure that neither of them is in each other’s blocklists for text messaging. Also, ensure that you can call them without any issue.
- Premium Message Access: In some cases, the user might have configured his mobile to disallow the sending or receiving of premium SMS messages. This is a service that is used by some messaging applications and must be allowed to them for some of the functions to work properly.
- Short Code Issue: This issue was reported by a T-Mobile issue that his problem was being caused due to an error with his short-codes that were set to block. This is a technical issue and can be fixed only by the technicians at the T-mobile support.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the problem, we will move on towards the solutions. Make sure that you implement these in the specific order in which they are being represented to avoid conflict.
Another Useful Tip: How Do you Unblock Message Blocking Samsung
It’s likely that you have stopped a certain number from texting you through the settings of your phone. That can cause the issue you’re experiencing currently. If you need to resolve it, kindly follow the steps below :
- Go to the home screen and tap the message icon, then choose three dots from the upright corner.
- Next, select More Options > Settings > Block numbers and messages.
- Afterward, click block messages.
- Find the number that you want to unblock and tap the “-” icon.